Sunriver Art Fair
For 11 years, the Sunriver Women’s Club has sponsored and produced a three-day art fair in the beautiful residential and resort community of Sunriver, Oregon. During the summer months the resort draws over 20,000 visitors to the area. The Sunriver Art Fair has continued to grow in size and attendance over this period, and has been voted the Top Small Town Art Fair in America. The fair enjoys a loyal following of art lovers through our website and social media. And our artists consistently comment on the great care the organizers give their artists.
This year, we are excited to add our first annual Virtual Sunriver Art Fair on Eventeny to be held from August 13 to September 26. We plan to provide the same excellent support and care for our Virtual Art Fair exhibitors that we give our on-site artists, including great advertising on both print and social media, promotions to drive buyers to artist stores, and support as needed for artists new to the Eventeny platform.
Online art sales have grown exponentially due to restrictions in 2020 on live events. It is expected to continue to be a significant source of artist’s revenue in the future. The Sunriver Art Fair wants to provide access to that marketplace through the Eventeny platform.
For this first year of our Virtual Fair, we have set a low application fee of $35; the shop fee is only $50 and we take no percentage of sales. We strive to have a grant program that develops a strong network of local services that will improve the lives of our neighbors and have lasting impact in the community.
All net proceeds from the art fair help support our philanthropy efforts. Since 2000, the SRWC has distributed over $750,000 in cash and goods from our various activities to organizations that provide essential services to women, children, families, and seniors as well as educational opportunities for the community.
The Sunriver Virtual Art Fair will be supported with an extensive advertising and promotional effort including:
• Print and digital advertising in local media
• Television coverage on local stations
• Advertising and articles in Sunriver Magazine, an annual guide featured in resorts and rental properties
• Online videos and photos
• A commemorative poster featuring one of our artist’s work
• Events and contests on social media
• Online streaming of artist studios and interviews
• Digital links and ads to help artists promote their store at our fair
* June 1, 2021 – Applications open for Eventeny artists
* July 13, 2021 – Application deadline
* July 20, 2021 – Artists will be notified if they are invited or not invited to participate
* June 30, 2021 – Deadline by which the $50 shop fee must be paid
Terms and Conditions
• Artists must monitor their shops during the virtual show dates. Sales representatives or agents are not allowed.
• All exhibited products must be for sale. They must be original work crafted by the participating artist. (Limited reproductions, such as prints, along with original art are acceptable.)
• All work exhibited must be of the quality and category that were shown in the images submitted with your application.
• The following are not acceptable for sale: Items made from kits, tumbled stones sold separately, embellished objects, manufactured objects, imported objects, mass-produced goods, edible items, candles, and personal care items.
• The Sunriver Women’s Club may use images of your work to promote our Eventeny fair.
• Applications will be juried based on creativity, originality and quality of work.
Hints for Submitting Images of Your Work
• Ensure that the images represent the work you offer for sale at your Eventeny shop.
• Include a range of your work and a range of prices.
• Make sure the images are clear with good lighting.
• Choose images of your work that clearly show your creative, artistic, and technical skills.
Acceptable Fine Art and Fine Crafts Categories
• CERAMICS/POTTERY: All original clay work is acceptable in this category. No machine-made or mass-produced work is permitted. Painted green ware is not eligible.
• DRAWING: Original works executed in pencil, charcoal, chalk, pastels, pen, ink, etc.
• GLASS: Original works only. No mass production work is permitted.
• GOURD ART: Original hand-tooled, machine worked, or carved work, with or without applied decorations.
• JEWELRY: No commercial casts, molds, settings, or production studio work is allowed.
• METALWORK: Functional or sculptural works in copper, steel, pewter, or other metals.
• MIXED MEDIA: Includes 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional work that incorporates more than one type of material.
• PAINTING: Oil, acrylic, watercolor, tempera, encaustic, etc.
• PHOTOGRAPHY: Prints made from the artist’s original image must be processed by the artist or under artist’s direct supervision. Photographers are required to disclose both their creative and printing process, especially with regards to any manipulation.
• PRINTMAKING: Hand-pulled original prints that are signed and numbered in limited editions by the artist.
• SCULPTURE: 3-dimensional original work done in any medium.
• TEXTILES: Includes basketry, weaving, leather, and fine wearables. No machine tooling.
• WOODWORK: Original hand-tooled, machine worked, or carved work.