About the Sunriver Art Fair
This year’s 12th annual fair will be held August 13, 14, 15, 2021 in a charming village setting located in beautiful Sunriver, Oregon. New in 2021, we have expanded our Fair to include the opportunity to set up a virtual store on Eventeny, an online platform on which artists can set up a shop that includes products for sale, videos, music, and other ways to promote their art. The virtual online dates are August 13-September 26, 2021. More information is available at eventeny.com. In the case that COVID restrictions do not allow us to have in-person event, the Eventeny option will still be available.
Sunriver is one of the Pacific Northwest’s premier vacation getaways. Located 15 miles south of Bend, it is both a residential and resort community. The combined population of Sunriver, Bend, and the surrounding area is over 200,000. During the peak summer season, Sunriver welcomes thousands of visitors. The Art Fair coincides with the annual Sunriver Music Festival, a major event that draws many visitors who are interested in the arts.
Background and Purpose
Sponsored by the Sunriver Women’s Club (SRWC), all proceeds from application and booths fees help support worthy nonprofits in our area. The art fair is the major fundraiser for the club’s philanthropy efforts. Since 2000, the SRWC has distributed over $750,000 in cash and goods from our various activities to organizations that provide assistance to vulnerable families and support the arts and education.
Thursday, August 12, 2021
• 7:00 am – 7:00 pm: Registration and set-up for artists.
(Security will be provided Thursday night)
Note: Set-up must be completed on Thursday; Friday morning set-up is not allowed.
Friday, August 13, 2021
• 9:30 am – 6:00 pm: In-person and virtual fair open to the public.
Saturday, August 14, 2021
• 9:30 am – 6:00 pm: Fair open to the public.
Sunday, August 15, 2021
• 9:30 am – 4:00 pm: Fair open to the public.
• 4:00 pm – until done: Artist take-down (Please note: no early take-down allowed)
Sunday, September 26, 2021
*11:59 pm – Virtual art fair closes
* December 15, 2020 – Applications open for all artists
* March 15, 2021 – Application deadline (we cannot extend this deadline)
* April 18, 2021 – Artists will be notified of their status: invited, wait listed, not invited
* April 30, 2021 – Deadline for artists to accept or decline invitation to participate
* May 28, 2021 – Booth Fee Due (directly to SRWC; not paid through ZAPP) and signed Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement received by the Sunriver Women’s Club. This year we can provide an installment payment plan to assist artists in paying the booth fee. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
* June 30, 2021 – Full refund deadline. If the fair must be cancelled, artists will receive a full refund.
* July 31, 2021 – All virtual shops prepared for Eventeny must be completed.
** IMPORTANT NOTE **
We communicate to artists by email using the address you include in your application. If you do not receive an email by a few days after the following dates and time periods, please contact us at email@example.com
- April 18, 2021: You should receive an email from ZAPP indicating your final status
- First week of June: Questionnaire about your booth requirements, if you need help with lodging, etc.
- First week of July: Your booth number, map of booth layout in the Village, and other information to help you prepare for the fair
Last year, some artists reported not receiving our emails, so please check your spam folders and do not block emails from ZAPP and from those with the heading “Sunriver Art Fair.”
Standards and Rules for In-person Fair
Artists in all fine arts and fine crafts are welcome to apply. Artists who participate in the on-site show must be present during all show hours, all days, and show only their own work in the category in which they are accepted. Artists with Eventeny shops must monitor them during the virtual show dates.
Booth size: 10×10 uniform throughout. An individual artist may purchase a second 10×10 adjacent booth space for an additional fee for their use only.
Booth space may not be shared by artists.
All artists must have their booths set up and operational by 9:30 am Friday, August 13, 2021.
No pets allowed in the booths except service dogs.
On-Site and Virtual Show
All exhibited products must be for sale. They must be original work crafted by the participating artist. (Limited reproductions of and with the original art are acceptable.)
All work exhibited must be of the quality and category that were shown in the images submitted with the application.
Not acceptable for sale at the fair: Items made from kits, tumbled stones sold separately, embellished objects, manufactured objects, imported objects, mass-produced goods, edible items, candles, and personal care items.
Fees and Cancellation Policy
- Applications for the fair are accepted only through ZAPP at www.zapplication.org
- Each application requires a $35 non-refundable fee.
- On-site booth Fee is $350 per 10×10 space for each artist who is juried into the fair and chooses to participate. This fee also includes participation in the Eventeny virtual fair. Please note, however, that Eventeny charges a percentage of artist sales.
- A 2nd 10×10 adjacent space for the SAME ARTIST is $350, making a total of $700 for the 2 adjacent spaces.
- Fee charged by Sunriver Women’s Club to artists who participate only in the Eventeny virtual fair: $50
- Booth Fees, payable directly to the SRWC, are due by May 28, 2021. Booth fees are NOT paid through ZAPP. Note: please contact us if you need an installment plan to pay.
- Refunds: In order to receive a booth-fee refund, we must receive written notification (email acceptable)
- After June 30, 2021, refunds for artists who cancel will be given only if we can fill that booth space. We will make every effort to do. If the fair is canceled, we will refund all booth fees immediately.
- No refunds will be given due to bad weather.
- There is a $25 penalty fee for any returned check.
- All sales receipts are income to the artist. We do not take a percentage of artists’ earnings.
- There is no sales tax in Oregon. Enjoy!
- Applications for the fair are accepted only through ZAPP at www.zapplication.org
Services for Artists
- Assistance locating lodging: rentals, RV parks, campgrounds, stays in local homes, etc. Note: Stays in local homes may not be available next summer due to COVID.
- Security on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights from 6:00pm to 7:00am the following morning.
- Due to COVID, we are not able to provide a hospitality center this year serving breakfast and lunch. However, we will provide coffee, water, and refreshments which we may deliver to the booths, depending on conditions in August.
- Floating volunteers (“booth sitters”) to provide breaks for artists.
- Electricity at some booths, no charge. This must be requested in advance (a booth preference questionnaire will be sent in June to all participating artists).
- Tutorials and videos to help set up your virtual shop on Eventeny.
The jury panel is composed of members of the Central Oregon art community. You are required to submit five digital images of your work that represent what you plan to bring to the fair, plus one of your outdoor booth. If possible, please supply updated photos, rather than those that have been submitted many times in the past.
Submitted images are juried anonymously, so please be sure your name (or business name) does not appear anywhere in your photos, including on your booth. Work is scored on a scale of 1 – 5 for quality, creativity, originality, and craftsmanship. The Fair’s Executive Committee has final discretion regarding acceptance of artists.
Hints for Submitting Images of Your Art Work
- Please ensure that the images represent the work you plan to offer for sale at the fair.
- Include a range of your work and a range of prices.
- Make sure the images are clear with good lighting.
- Choose images of your work that clearly show your creative, artistic, and technical skills.
- Plan your booth to be visually appealing, well designed, and organized in a professional manner that reflects the quality of your work.
- Booth appeal is considered in the jury process. Please include a description of your work that is complete enough for us to use to publicize your work and the fair on our website and on Facebook.
Acceptable Fine Art and Fine Crafts Categories:
• CERAMICS/POTTERY: All original clay work is acceptable in this category. No machine-made or mass-produced work is permitted. Painted green ware is not eligible.
• DRAWING: Original works executed in pencil, charcoal, chalk, pastels, pen, ink, etc.
• GLASS: Original works only. No mass production work is permitted.
• GOURD ART: Original hand-tooled, machine worked, or carved work, with or without applied decorations.
• JEWELRY: No commercial casts, molds, settings, or production studio work is allowed.
• METALWORK: Functional or sculptural works in copper, steel, pewter, or other metals.
• MIXED MEDIA: Includes 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional work that incorporates more than one type of material.
• PAINTING: Oil, acrylic, watercolor, tempera, encaustic, etc.
• PHOTOGRAPHY: Prints made from the artist’s original image must be processed by the artist or under artist’s direct supervision. Photographers are required to disclose both their creative and printing process, especially with regards to any manipulation.
• PRINTMAKING: Hand-pulled original prints that are signed and numbered in limited editions by the artist.
• SCULPTURE: 3-dimensional original work done in any medium.
• TEXTILES: Includes basketry, weaving, leather, and fine wearables. No machine tooling.
• WOODWORK: Original hand-tooled, machine worked, or carved work.
**Artists who have questions or need additional information please contact Lee Haroun at firstname.lastname@example.org